Terms & Conditions
The “Client” refers to the person making the reservation. The ‘Owners’ are Chris and Jackie Pinard.
1. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and to leave it in as clean and tidy a condition at the end of the rental period as it was at the start. The Owners reserve the right to make retention from the security deposit, to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
2. Smoking is strictly prohibited which means that Clients are not permitted to smoke anywhere within the house or back outdoor area.
3. We ask guests to be mindful of wasting water and electricity. Please do turn lights and fans off when you leave the house.
4. The Client agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to the residents in neighboring houses.
5. No items are to be removed from the owners’ property.
6. The Clients shall report to the owners, at their earliest convenience, any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment, machinery or appliances in the property, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement, will be made as soon as possible.
7. Pets are not allowed on the property.
8. Children under the age of 13 years old are not allowed on the property.
9. Any valuables left at the property are left at your own risk. We are not responsible for any loss. Proper care must be taken against theft and burglary. It is essential, and also your responsibility, to ensure that all doors, shutters, windows are closed and locked when leaving the property. No refund can be given should you decide to vacate the property as a consequence of a burglary.
10. We cannot be held responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the property or which is beyond our control. In the event that a source of obvious noise has been in existence prior to your arrival and we are aware of this, we will contact you to inform you of the disturbance.
11. We cannot be held responsible for the breakdown of any mechanical equipment or appliances such as cooktop, water heater, refrigerator, nor the failure of public utilities such as water, gas and electricity.
12. We shall not be liable for any loss, breach or delay to any cause beyond our reasonable control including, although not limited to Act of God, explosion, tempest, fire or accident, war or threat of war, civil disturbances, acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, or measure of any kind on the part of the government or local authorities, strikes, lockouts, or other industrial actions or disputes or adverse weather conditions. In any case we shall be entitled to treat the contract discharged. In the event of discharge our liability shall be limited to the return of the sums paid to us in respect of the unused portion of the holiday calculated on a pro rata daily basis. We cannot accept responsibility for events out of our control e.g. bad weather, delay caused by airline company, breakdown of domestic equipment. In the event any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the property should be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period, the owners shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client, all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
13. We cannot be held responsible for any injury, loss or damage to you personally or members of your party, your belongings or your vehicles when using the accommodation, grounds, equipment or other amenities. The use of these amenities is entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility.
14. The property is serviced by city sewer. However, as with most of rural France, it is important that no sanitary items are flushed down the toilets.
15. In the event of a non-insurable cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation coverage) and to have full coverage for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc., since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
The initial deposit of 25% is non refundable. If the vacation rental is canceled within 6 weeks of the reserved date then the balance will only be refunded if the property is re let. Please be assured that we will do everything we can to try to re let it.
16. Please report any breakages. A charge is not always levied, but we’d rather hear from you than find out for ourselves after your departure. If possible we ask that you replace any dinnerware or glasses etc that may get broken. Please note however, that the client’s liability, in case of extensive damage to the property, is not limited to the amount of the deposit already paid.
17. The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed four (4) people.
18. Bed linens and bath towels are provided. We do ask that you do not take these out of the house.
20. While every effort has been made to ensure that the description of the property and nearby facilities is as accurate as possible, we cannot accept any liabilities for any changes beyond our control.
21. Changeover days – The house will be ready for you by 4 p.m. on the day of your arrival and must be vacated by 11 a.m. on the day of your departure.
Please initial and sign both pages of Terms and Conditions available for download below and e-mail them back to us
( at: firstname.lastname@example.org) when making your reservation.
Terms & Conditions.pdf
Size : 76.544 Kb
Type : pdf
©Copyright Languedoc Vacation